Hydes is delighted to announce their new charity partnership with the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital Charity. Funds raised by their 30 pubs and head office in Manchester will go towards supporting excellence in treatment, research and care at the largest single-site children’s Hospital in the country.
The partnership is to span a number of years as Hydes and pubs from Chester to Bury will all have the charity’s vibrant green collection tins on the bar for patrons to donate any spare change. As well as this, Hydes have plenty of exciting fundraising ventures lined up which will be revealed in the coming months as each pub is encouraged to organised their own events.
One of which is the launch of their new children’s menu where 50p off each meal will go to the charity in the month of September.
Hydes recently visited Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital to see for themselves how the hospital, and its poorly patients, will benefit from their fundraising. On the tour the group of 5 representatives from the company, which employs 530 staff, visited the recently redeveloped radiology department, an example of a space enhanced thanks to charitable funds. Once clinical and stark looking, the department now boats an impressive space theme, each of the rooms decorated to look like a different planet.
The group also caught the sun on the hospital’s purpose-built roof garden which benefits patients letting play outdoors and act as children, whilst still safely in the hospital setting.
Chris Hopkins MD from Hydes, says:
“We are very excited about our new partnership with Manchester Royal Children’s Hospital. We have been extremely impressed with the work the charity undertakes and know our managers will unite behind this very worthy cause. We have a great tradition in Hydes of raising money for local charities and the reach of the hospital means that many of our customers too, will have benefited from the charity’s work.”
Joel Oxberry, Corporate Fundraising Manager for Royal Manchester Children’s Charity added:
“Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital Charity is proud to have secured the long-term support of Hydes Brewery; with a deep-rooted history in Manchester, we serve the same community and share the same values of “striving for excellence”. We are excited to share in their success and wish the Hydes team all the best in their fundraising efforts”Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital Charity raises funds to ensure continued excellence in treatment, care and research at the hospital – improving the lives of thousands of children each year across the North West and beyond.
The support of the Charity means that the hospital can provide additional resources that make life easier for patients and their families who use the hospital.
The Charity has three main areas of work:
- to support research projects to improve our understanding of children’s illnesses
- to help to create an environment that’s more child-friendly
- to provide state-of-the-art equipment for diagnosis and treatment.
- The Charity provides resources to make a difficult time a little bit easier for children and their families who use Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital.
- Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital treats over 200,000 patients every year. They come from all over the North West of England and from other parts of the country for some very specialised treatments.
- Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital Charity is part of the Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Charity. Registered charity number 1049274.
- The other hospitals which make up Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Charity are: University Dental Hospital of Manchester Charity, Manchester Royal Eye Hospital Charity, Manchester Royal Infirmary Charity, Saint Mary’s Hospital Charity, Trafford Hospitals Charity